Cheap Car Insurance Washington State [FAQ] – Get Instant Proof of Insurance!
You Don’t Need Car Insurance… Until You Do#AccidentsHappen
We do write car insurance. And lots of it. If you need to get the best car insurance cheap, what would you do? Breathe easy, cheap car insurance is our specialty. Let us be your insurance finders. We can get you insured today with instant proof of insurance so you can save more.
If you got a ticket for no insurance, we can get you insured before you go to court so that you can drive legally and possibly get your fine reduced. Mid-Columbia Insurance serves all state of Washington and is the general car insurance expert. No matter where you are driving in the state, farm, city, or on the freeway insurance is necessary. Simply insure yourself today!
Find the coverage you need at a price you can afford. We specialize in representing the progressive insurance companies that offer the best rates for typical american family drivers in Washington.
Worried about who to trust to handle your insurance needs? Check out our great Google Reviews. Can 1300+ people be wrong? When you’re ready to get your car insurance started, contact us for a fast and free insurance quote. A general car insurance quote from us is much cheaper than All State Farm Ers.
FAQ – Everything you need to know about getting cheap car insurance.
- Are you required to have car insurance in Washington state?
- What is the fine for no car insurance in Washington state??
- What is the cheapest car insurance?
- Who has the cheapest car insurance?
- Do I Really Need Car Insurance?
- What Are the Washington State Auto Insurance Laws?
- Can you get insurance without a license?
- Should I Just Buy State Minimum Liability Limits?
- Can I drive a car I just bought without insurance?
- Who Can I Insure To Drive My Car?
- How Do I Compare Insurance Quotes?
- How Can I Get The Cheapest Car Insurance?
- Is Washington a no-fault auto insurance state?
- When is a Good Time to Shop for Insurance?
- Do you need car insurance to get a driver’s license?
- What are You Waiting For?
Are you required to have car insurance in Washington state?
What is the fine for no car insurance in Washington state?
What is the cheapest car insurance?
Who has the cheapest car insurance?
The cheapest car insurance depends on a number of ‘responsibility’ factors and how much each company weights each factor.
- If your driving history is clean, you have good credit, and you have carried higher liability limits for a number of years, Safeco or Progressive will most likely have the best rates for you.
- If your driving record is clear but you don’t currently have insurance or have just been carrying the state minimum, National General and Progressive will probably have the best rates for you.
- If you have collected a couple tickets or accidents, Dairyland or National General will probably have the best rates for you.
- If you have had more than two accidents or are collecting tickets like they Pokemon, then Kemper Specialty will have the best rate for you.
One of the advantages of working with an independent agent is we have multiple companies and can shop your insurance for you to get you the best rate possible.
Do I Really Need Car Insurance?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2016 an estimated 7,277,000 police-reported traffic crashes occurred and 3,144,000 people were injured in those accidents and 37,461 people were killed, an average of 102 people each day, one fatality every 14 minutes.
Another word for “liable” is “responsible.” So, if you are responsible for an accident, you need responsibility insurance aka liability insurance in order to provide financial relief to the victims of the accident.
Try to imagine a world without car insurance. Every time you went for a drive, you would be risking your bank account and your future earnings. Insurance is designed to help protect you from expensive and sometimes devastating surprises including legal costs if you are taken to court because of an accident.
The value of good insurance is only revealed when you need it most. In other words, you don’t need insurance… until you do. #AccidentsHappen
5 Reasons You Need Car Insurance
- Safeguard your home, savings accounts, and other assets from a lawsuit
- Protect the investment you have in your car
- Pay for medical bills for you and your passengers after an accident
- Cover you, your passengers, and your car if hit by an uninsured motorist
- Save a lot of money later by paying a little now
So, do you really need car insurance? Only if you want to protect your assets and drive legally. Your other option is to get friendly with your local bus or uber driver.
What Are the Washington State Auto Insurance Laws?
The minimum car insurance required in Washington state is as follows:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: $10,000 per accident
Personal Injury Protection and Uninsured Motorist coverages must be offered by the insurance company but the law allows you to reject them by signing a rejection form.
Not only must you have insurance, the law requires that any time you are driving in the state, you must be able to show your proof of auto insurance to law enforcement.
Failure to show proof of coverage when requested by a police officer is considered an infraction and can result in fines of up to $450.
Can you get insurance without a license?
You can get car insurance even if you don’t have a driver’s license. Someone may wonder why you would want to but there are a number of legitimate reasons you might want to, all having to do with protecting you and your assets.
- Your license is suspended, you probably want to get insurance and an SR22 filing so you can get your license back.
- You have a foreign drivers license and are visiting the United States.
- You don’t drive for health reasons but own a car and family members or a caregiver drive for you.
- You have a teenager who wants to drive but you have to buy the car in your name since they are underage.
- You’re trying to get your license and need to practice with your learner’s permit before taking the driving test.
In all these situations and more we can help you get insurance even if don’t have a driver’s license.
You are not legally required to have a driver’s license in order to purchase car insurance but most of the big name insurers, like GEICO, State Farm, American Family, and Allstate, will not insure you without a driver’s license. Also some agents may not be familiar with how and why it can be done or may just not want to bother and therefore will brush you off with a quick ‘no’. Let us help. We know our stuff.
Should I Just Buy State Minimum Liability Limits?
If you have no savings or assets, minimum liability coverage may suffice but would not be enough to pay for serious injuries or to repair/replace a newer car. Without sufficient insurance your future wages may be garnished to cover the damage you cause.
If you are only carrying the state required $10,000 property damage and hit a car worth $20,000, the insurance company will pay the $10,000 and you will be responsible for the remainder.
Basically, you are self-insuring for anything over the insurance limits you have chosen to purchase. If you don’t want to have your wages garnished or your assets sold, seriously consider buying higher limits of liability.
Can I drive a car I just bought without insurance?
You cannot drive a car without insurance even if you just bought it. Washington state requires all cars driven on public roads to be insured. The fact that you just purchased a vehicle does not change the requirement.
Luckily, if all your current vehicles are insured with one insurance company then the coverage on those cars automatically transfers for a few days (check with your insurance company to know exactly how many).
If all your cars are not insured with one company, you will want to call your agent before you drive off the lot. If you do not have insurance, you will want to call Mid-Columbia Insurance before you drive off the lot.
How Do I Compare Insurance Quotes?
Once you’ve gotten several car insurance quotes with the same coverages, factor in the helpfulness of the agent you spoke to in explaining and suggesting coverages and check the agency’s Google Reviews to make sure they meet your standards. Then select the agency that is the best match for you.
Who Can I Insure To Drive My Car?
How Can I Get The Cheapest Car Insurance?
A simple way for an insurance company to have low rates is to fight every claim. Pick a company with a good reputation and not a company whose only advertising is about saving you 15% or saving those who switch some fake dollar amount – you know it is a lie. They know it works.
If you are simply looking for the lowest price you have a number of options:
Is Washington a no-fault auto insurance state?
When is a Good Time to Shop for Insurance?
When you cross major life events you should reassess your car insurance coverages and check if you qualify for better discounts. Here are some times when your rates are likely to change:
- Purchasing a car – the company that had the best rate for your old car may not be best with the new one.
- Adding or removing a driver from a policy – either could raise or lower your rate depending on their age and driving record.
- Marriage or divorce – Major life change.
- Moving – every zip code has a different rate and every company has different factors for those zip codes.
- Adding a teen driver – They are 3x as likely to have an accident, so count yourself lucky if your rate only doubles.
- Buying a house – You may be in a different rating zip code and may now qualify for the homeowners discount and bundling discount.
- DUI or major violation – If your current company finds out, you will be seeing a rate hike at your next renewal.
- Accident – You probably will lose your Safe Driver Discount even if the accident was not-at-fault.
- Change in credit score – if it gets significantly better ask your agent if they can have your credit score re-ordered.
Do you need car insurance to get a driver’s license?
You do not need car insurance to get your Washington driver’s license but when you take the test drive for your driver’s license, you must show the driving instructor proof that the car you are going to use to is insured.
So, if the car belongs to someone else, you can just show their insurance to the instructor. Just be sure, for your safety and the car owners, that their policy will cover you as a driver.
What are You Waiting For?
Mid-Columbia Insurance represents companies like Safeco, National General, Dairyland, Progressive, Kemper Specialty, Foremost, Bristol West, and others that millions have come to know and trust.
Also, because of the number of companies we represent, we can insure most cars and drivers even you if you are considered a high-risk driver. No matter if your driving record is Good, Bad, or Ugly, we can insure you.
Testimonials & Referrals
Completely helpful in all the questions I asked were answered. If I didn’t already have insurance comparable I would of switched. I stayed with my insurance company even though im paying a couple of $$ more. Great customer service.
Gary gave me a very good insurance rate
We’ve been with Mid-Columbia for years and are very satisfied. Daisy is awesome and always gets us the best rates and coverage, fast and easy..👍
Mid-Columbia Insurance serves clients in the following cities: Aberdeen, Airway Heights, Algona, Anacortes, Arlington, Asotin, Auburn, Bainbridge Island, Battle Ground, Bellevue, Bellingham, Benton City, Bingen, Black Diamond, Blaine, Bonney Lake, Bothell, Bremerton, Brewster, Bridgeport, Brier, Buckley, Burien, Burlington, Camas, Carnation, Cashmere, Castle Rock, Centralia, Chehalis, Chelan, Cheney, Chewelah, Clarkston, Cle Elum, Clyde Hill, Colfax, College Place, Colville, Connell, Cosmopolis, Covington, Davenport, Dayton, Deer Park, Des Moines, DuPont, Duvall, East Wenatchee, Edgewood, Edmonds, Electric City, Ellensburg, Elma, Eltopia, Entiat, Enumclaw, Ephrata, Everett, Everson, Federal Way, Ferndale, Fife, Fircrest, Forks, George, Gig Harbor, Gold Bar, Goldendale, Grand Coulee, Grandview, Granger, Granite Falls, Harrington, Hoquiam, Ilwaco, Issaquah, Kahlotus, Kalama, Kelso, Kenmore, Kennewick, Kent, Kettle Falls, Kirkland, Kittitas, La Center, Lacey, Lake Forest Park, Lake Stevens, Lakewood, Langley, Leavenworth, Liberty Lake, Long Beach, Longview, Lynden, Lynnwood, Mabton, Maple Valley, Marysville, Mattawa, McCleary, Medical Lake, Medina, Mercer Island, Mesa, Mill Creek, Millwood, Milton, Monroe, Montesano, Morton, Moses Lake, Mossyrock, Mount Vernon, Mountlake Terrace, Moxee, Mukilteo, Napavine, Newcastle, Newport, Nooksack, Normandy Park, North Bend, North Bonneville, Oak Harbor, Oakville, Ocean Shores, Okanogan, Olympia, Omak, Oroville, Orting, Othello, Pacific, Palouse, Pasco, Pateros, Pomeroy, Port Angeles, Port Orchard, Port Townsend, Poulsbo, Prescott, Prosser, Pullman, Puyallup, Quincy, Rainier, Raymond, Redmond, Renton, Republic, Richland, Ridgefield, Ritzville, Rock Island, Roslyn, Roy, Royal City, Ruston, Sammamish, SeaTac, Seattle, Sedro-Woolley, Selah, Sequim, Shelton, Shoreline, Snohomish, Snoqualmie, Soap Lake, South Bend, Spangle, Spokane, Spokane Valley, Sprague, Stanwood, Stevenson, Sultan, Sumas, Sumner, Sunnyside, Tacoma, Tekoa, Tenino, Tieton, Toledo, Tonasket, Toppenish, Tukwila, Tumwater, Union Gap, University Place, Vader, Vancouver, Waitsburg, Walla Walla, Wapato, Warden, Washougal, Wenatchee, West Richland, Westport, White Salmon, Winlock, Woodinville, Woodland, Woodway, Yakima, Yelm, and Zillah.